Search

Friday, 24 February 2012

Review & Swatches: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette


So the thing with Urban Decay Naked Palette posts and reviews is that I love them but they secretly annoy me at the same time - just because it's everywhere! Anyway, I wasn't planning on buying this especially since I just bought the original palette a couple of months ago. But when I saw it on Buyapowa for cheaper I thought why not.. In case you don't know what Buyapowa is, it's a website that lists items, mainly beauty that are in high demand and hosts co-buys so that because people are buying in bulk, you get to buy them at a lower price. Unfortunately, they only ship within the UK at the moment but are open to expansion in the future. Check them out: http://www.buyapowa.com/cobuys. And if you missed out on the Naked2 palette this time, they have re-listed it!

In terms of the palette, as all you know, it's great value, stunning quality and amazing shades for neutral lovers. I don't think you need both since they are similar, I quite like the fact that I can use them together. Plus I much prefer the packaging on the Naked 2, it's heavier, more durable and easier to clean. Although my big pet peeve is the letters! They chip so easily, in fact even when new they aren't perfect. For £36/$50 I expect more. It's not a Collection 2000 £3 concealer after all where the name rubs in the first 2 weeks.


Also, the mini 'Naked' lipgloss that come with it is seriously under appreciated in my opinion. Look at it, it's cute and minty and a universal colour. Just think, you can put it in your handbag, apply it if you're out and your lipstick is fading and it makes your lips smell a bit minty (always a good thing). 


The brush that comes with it is great! Since it's synthetic I might favour my MAC brushes for actually applying the eyeshadow this works really well at applying and buffing in concealer! 



Onto swatches…


Swatches from left to right: Foxy (doesn't show up well on my skintone), Half Baked, Booty Call, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout

Price on Buyapowa: £26
Debenhams, House of Fraser: £36 




7 comments:

  1. wowww looks so good! luckky!!

    thebeautiful-days.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had picked it up, and I must say I love it. I sort of use Sin from Naked 1 over whole lid and then I work with other eyeshadows form Naked 2. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good combination, I tried the palette out today and love using them together - plus I think if I had skipped Naked2 I would always lust after it lol x Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Nice blog!
    I followed you.
    im having a contest on mine if you want to check it out!
    www.gorgeousglamblog.com

    Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. found u on beautylish. Following .

    i love ur pictures. what camera do u use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm actually using my Iphone 4S at the moment lol.. just until I invest in a proper camera - I do have a digital one but lost the wires. Hope that helps

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...