Search

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Bourjois Touche Healthy Mix Concealer/Illuminator & Sleek Luminaire Highlighting Concealer Review & Swatches



Ahhhh… another touche! YSL Touche Eclat, ByTerry Touche Veloute & Touch Expert… the list is endless. This is the era of the clicky pens and it's a wonder how far we go to get that perfectly concealed yet illuminated eye! A few weeks ago I was in SpaceNK (opposite my house… yes that's right - you can't really blame me for my cosmetic addiction) and was trying the Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation which by the way is magical when I put a little of ByTerry's Touch Expert in #3 under my eyes and was amazed by the results! Seriously it was a revelation. I had done a blog post that day so you can see the effect here

Nonetheless, it is pricey (£28.50) and with so many clicky pens on the market I was sure that there was something else that was more reasonable. Bourjois' version in 'Rose' (£7.49 - or with a 3 for 2 offer - didn't find many shades offered though - especially in store) seemed like a really great peachy tone that would counteract bluey tones under the eye. However, the problem with it is its consistency - it's too thin to cover anything - if you have very slight darkness it would work but I had to layer it over MAC Studio Sculpt and set with Bare Minerals Well Rested. For me it works as an illuminator and I will probably use it around my mouth or to brighten over neutral toned concealers.


Bourjois Touche Healthy Mix Concealer 'Rose'


Under the eyes: MAC Studio Sculpt NC30, Bourjois Touche, Bare Minerals Well Rested
Eyeshadow: Bourjois Little Pot Intense Eyeshadow #8 Brun Sienne lightly (LOVE this colour!) 
Brow and inner corner highlight: Bare Minerals Soul
Liner: MAC Coffee upper lash line, MAC Teddy Lower lash line and water line
Macara: Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill 


Just to fill you all in if you don't already know that YSL Touche Eclat formula has changed and Terry de Gunzburg who developed it has left YSL and opened her own line: ByTerry. The new formulation is much thinner and doesn't behave like the formula that made the clicky pen rise to the top. Anyway, if you were looking into a highstreet/drugstore version I think the Sleek Luminaire Highlighting Concealer (£6.49) would be best. It comes in a range of colours to suit all skin tones and has the the thickness but not heaviness where it can conceal as well as brighten. I use #3 which is a light peach colour.


Swatches left to right: LO3, LO2
Have no clue why my hand is so red!  

Apologies for not have shown you their usage on their own but basically the Bourjois doesn't do much except brighten a little and Sleek's is much better, I only set it with Bare Minerals Well Rested and get a teeniest bit more natural finish than the picture above where I layered MAC Studio Sculpt concealer but it's really close!

All in all, I still think ByTerry is the best and will probably purchase that after I finish my existing ones. I really would like to try Jane Iredale's pen (around £19) as well but it's pretty difficult to find in the UK - I know LisaLisaD1 of youtube really likes it. I really enjoy concealer's in this medium as I feel it's quick and easy and convenient to take with you if one needs to reapply.

Do like these types of pens or prefer different types of concealers? Would love to know your experiences and your favourite products for underneath the eye!

Available here:
                           Sleek Luminaire (£6.49)
                           Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer (£7.49)
                           ByTerry Touch Expert (£28.50)

Take care and as always thanks for stopping by!

xxx

6 comments:

  1. ohh it has such a nice brightening effect under your eye! i didnt know the ysl formula has been changed but i've heard a lot about the by terry concealer and millie from made in chelsea wears it and shes stunning so its defs good enough for me lol! but im gonna check out this much more affordable version! great review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yup she's gorgeous! ByTerry's is definitely on my wish list! I'm glad you liked the review, try the Sleek one and let me know how it works for you xx

      Delete
  2. good to know about ysl... i'm searching for the perfect concealer color and only ysl had one, so now i need to find a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm i know what you mean.. I really love the byterry one - but if you like you can always layer concealers to get the desired effect - it's a little more work but you get the same pay off xxx!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kunoor. Just discovered your blog, it looks great been reading a few of your posts. I like the look of that Bourjous concealer so may get that soon x I've started following so look forward to your future posts x If you get a chance take a peek at : www.elefont-at.blogspot.com

    Anika xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome! Thanks so much for your comment, I'd really recommend the Sleek one over Bourjois but that's just my opinion. Sure - I love looking at blogs! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...