Search

Saturday, 7 April 2012

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains Review & Swatches

These have been circling the beauty world with great reviews so I decided on a couple of colours. I'm currently in India for my brother's wedding and I thought these would be great as they are marketed to be incredibly long lasting. The texture is something I haven't come across before - it feels like a really lightweight creamy/watery gloss at first but then after a few minutes it gets a little thicker. Surprisingly as it gets thicker it doesn't get sticky and I can't really deal with sticky glosses. However, I will say that your lips have to be well conditioned before applying as it can settle into lines and feel drying as it wears.  As for the longevity - INSANE. The glossy effect lasts, on me, for around 4 hours even through eating and the stain is still strong after 6 hours plus - I don't think you can ask for more than that!

The way to get the most out of this product lies in the application. In my opinion, build up 2 or 3 thin layers (what's on the applicator is plenty for one layer) if you want maximum effect - wait around about 30 seconds between each layer and you'll achieve full and pouty glossy saturated pigmentation that is not going away for quite a while!

I have #7 Coral Aquatique and #8 Orange de Chine - #7 translates amazingly onto pigmented lips and isn't overly bright so it's very versatile. #8 is a bright orange with one or two layers and can be built up to an orangey red. I love both. The stains have extremely fine glitter throughout but it's not something you can see or feel when applied - it just enhances the glossyness. Also YSL's typcial watermelon stain is still present but quite as strong.


Left: #8 Orange de Chine, Right: #7 Coral Aquatique



Stain left behind from 30 seconds of swatching!


1 layer of Coral Aquatique


3 layers of Coral Aquatique

I think YSL deserves a big congratulations for their Glossy Stains. They're unlike anything on the market and a great product for the modern woman. The price is around £22.50 depending on where you buy and is available at all YSL counters. 

So, what do you all think? Yay or Nay? Haven't tried the 'nude' colours.. any thoughts?


xxx

Also a little update - my blog posts are going to slow down from now on (I'll do one here and there) as I have to pay attention to studies etc - hope you all understand but no faith lost - I'll be back in full swing soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...