Search

Saturday, 19 May 2012

Loreal Carresse VS Revlon Lip Butter Review & Swatches


Sheer moisturising lipsticks are clearly on the rise! Everyone wants that 'moisturising' feel on their lips. I really think with the recent trend the more affordable brands are the way to go. I mean as nice as the packaging is on YSL Rouge Volupte Perle - these lipsticks do the same thing for a lot less - and if you really wanted - dab your pigmented lipstick onto your lips and pair it some lip balm and you've got the same thing!

Conversely, I do like both of these lipsticks.


Revlon Lip Butter (£7.99)  - Strawberry Shortcake

I must admit, I only bought this colour because I heard it was a dupe for MAC's Flamingo Lipstick from the Iris Apfel Collection - I wanted that colour so badly and wasn't willing to pay £50 on Ebay. I do like the formulation and it is moisturising but I find it slightly gritty - I don't think I'll buy anymore - if I do I'll go for the more pigmented colours. Having said that, for a sheer lipstick they aren't really sheer.

Loreal Rouge Carresse Lipstick (£7.99) - Cheeky Magenta

I was attracted to this colour as I don't have anything like it. It's a cool toned bright pink with hints of purple. The packaging is also quite nice, reminds me of the Shu Uemura lipsticks and the blunt tip if the lipstick makes for really easy quick application almost like a balm. Formula wise - definitely moisturising, smooth, and pretty long lasting for a sheer type of lipstick - they actually remind me of the Benefit Silky Finish lipsticks just not as smooth (Benefit's actually feel like butter!). Additionally Pigmentation on this shade is really strong and for most of the line I found the same. I really want to go back for the coral colour!

EDIT! While writing this post I went and got some more : Nude Ingenue & Aphrodite Scarlet. Also I found that Aphrodite Scarlet is a dupe for Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick in My Treat - one of my favourite lipsticks, Benefit's is more pigmented, a little less pink and slightly softer on the lips but Loreal's can be built up.


Swatches Left to Right: Revlon Lip Butter Strawberry Shortcake, Loreal Rouge Caresse Cheeky Magenta, Loreal Rouge Caresse Aphrodite Scarlet, Loreal Rouge Caresse Nude Ingenue



Swatches Left to Right: Loreal Rouge Caresse Aphrodite Scarlet, Benefit My Treat



Overall

I would definitely go for Loreal over Revlon in this case, it's just a better all round product and I highly recommend them. Nonetheless, as far as price goes I think they are both priced quite high and are taking advantage of the sheer lipstick trend at the moment - I really would like to see them around the £5 mark. What do you think? 


Also if you haven't already, enter my Nars Blush Giveaway!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I think i prefer the L'Oréal ones. The Revlon lip butters feel a bit gritty on my dry lips :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100% :) Also they were hyped up so much it really didn't seem to live up to what I thought it was going to be xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...