Search

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow: #23 Black Star, #13 Burning Black Review & Swatches



Top - Bottom: #13 Burning Black, #23 Black Star

The other day I spotted these colours whilst shopping and upon swatching I fell in love! I don't know if they'll be named the same wherever you are but I have a feeling the numbering would be the same. I had seen a lot of hype about these shadows and was also told that they were reminiscent of Giorgio Armani's Eyes to Kill shadows but I don't own any to compare. The texture is like a pressed pigment, they are incredibly soft and pigmented, easy to apply and blendable too. All this for £6.99 and a choice of 20ish colours? Sounds like a dream to me. I wanted to pick up the colours that I didn't have too much of and would look amazing when sporting quite a heavily saturated look. These are designed to be very long wearing which was true on my lids but if you have problems with creasing I would suggest a primer/base.

Make sure you keep these plastic covers pressed on the eyeshadow - otherwise they'll become loose and dry out!
#23 Black Star

#23 Black Star is a lovely rich silverish gun mental with a strong metallic finish that looks foiled when packed onto the lid. I would love to use this with a warm brown like cork or even your bronzer blended out in the crease - the combination should be stunning! 

#13 Burning Black

#13 Burning Black is a dark burgundy/purple with hints of black - it's what i wished MAC's Beauty Marked to be and I'm so glad I came across it. 


Left to Right: #23 Black Star, #13 Burning Black

Left to Right: #13 Burning Black, #23 Black Star

Even though sometimes I get irritated with single eyeshadows as it's not as convenient as palettes I have a feeling that these two are going with me everywhere! The packaging is simple and not overly fussy and the quality is on par with luxury brands. I seriously urge you all if you haven't already to go try them out and let me know what you think!

xxx

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh burning black is gorgeoussss! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are gorge!!! So so pretty! Can't believe they have such good colour payoff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right.. freaking insane :)

      Delete
  3. I have hourglass beige and it is beautiful. I think I am going to have to add black star to my shopping list!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I'll have to check out hourglass beige! :)

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous shades that i have been wanting forever! When they made there debut over in the UAE they only brought 3 shades and they werent the shades i wanted!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god that sucks - maybe you could try ebay? xx

      Delete
  5. Omg! Burning Black is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Burning black is what I wanted MAC beauty marked to be. Such a stunning colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said the exact same thing in the post hehe - great minds think alike :)

      Delete
  7. i want these so bad, but I cannot wear anything with bismuth oxychloride in it, and this does, they colors look like they are right up my alley for eye shadow love. ::sigh:: maybe one day I can find amazing colors with out that in it. LUCKY to all of you who don't have your eye burn from that damned chemical! ::fist shake::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame I'm sorry! What brands work for you? xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...