Search

Saturday, 2 June 2012

Summer Blue Nail Polishes Featuring Dior & NARS Review & Swatches



So right after I tell you all that I'm not a nail polish girl, comes a nail polish post! Typical… Although I can safely say that I have searched for dupes for both these polishes and was not successful so therefore they have made their way into my stash. If you happen to know of similar colours please list them below - especially Dior's polish!


Dior Saint Tropez Vernis (Left)  Nars Thakoon Koliary (Right)


Dior Saint Tropez Vernis (£18)

I'm so in love with this aqua teal blue - it reminds me of a Tiffany box! On the nails it's very flattering as it isn't too dark. The polish is opaque in two coats - but you'll even get away with one since the formula is so easy to work with. Dior has a unique wide brush with a circular tip that fit the shape of the nail bed and therefore easier to apply polish. Out of the two this is definitely my favourite and I think I'll be reaching for this colour a lot from now on! 


Nars Thakoon Koliary (£14)

I really love the whole Thakoon range but this colour stood out to me as I hadn't seen anything like it before. It's a mid tone cyan blue that applies extremely evenly and is perfectly opaque in two coats. This really stands out once worn and in my opinion would suit many people. 


Both these polishes remain on my nails for about a week with a base and top coat - please let me know if you've been drawn to any colours this summer? 
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Omg they are beautiful. I love the dior one. Have you looked at China Glaze for Audrey? That's Tiffanys blue. And Barry M have one called cyan blue.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for much for the recommendations - I'm on the prowl for them :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, these nail polishes look absolutely amazing!
    Would you like to follow each other? :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also really into blues this season. I bought blue, yellow, green and black and I am loving them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I've never really like blue until now hehe xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...